Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Search Engine Optimisation is the process of improving the visibility of your website in search engines.
How can Envision Online promote your website?
First we need to understand the products / services that your business offers and what you want from your website. The type of questions which need considering are
- Original content – What is your website really about?
- Be Different – How does your website differ from other websites?
- Be Unique – What can you provide that no one else can?
- Who are you? – Let people know who you are?
- What do you do? – Let people know what you do
- Why come to you? – Tell people why they should come to you
- Use a blog / social media. – Keep all your users constantly engaged with you
- Alert your customers
This helps search engines such as Google index your website. Common HTML problems to watch out for are
- Title problems
- Meta descriptions
- Non-indexable contents such as media files or images
- Blocks caused by robots (technical talk!)
For more information on how search works, please watch the short video below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will SEO reduce the usability of my website?
The short answer is no. SEO is used to optimise your website. We can perform this changes with minimum interruption to your website.
Can you guarantee number 1 ranking in search engines
No company can ‘guarantee’ number 1 ranking in a search engine such as Google or Bing. However, Envision Online can improve your website ranking and as a result increase the number of visitors to your website.
So let’s assume you own a hairdresser in Tewkesbury.
Bob wants to find a local hairdresser in Tewkesbury to cut his silvery hair. Bob switches on his laptop and searches the Internet using Google.
Ideally you, as a hairdresser, want to ensure that your website appears on the first page of the search engine. The only way you are going to achieve this is by a well developed website which clearly tells Google, or other leading search engines, that you are the best answer to Bobs question.
You can see in the example below that yell.com has the number one ranking, and Peter Hickman has the second highest ranking.
Remember that there are many ways to ensure you website has higher ranking in search engines. Equally there are many ways that a badly developed website will reduce your websites ranking.
Why not let Envision Online support you and enhance your online success. For further details please contact us.